10 Year FENSA Backed Guarantee
What is the FENSA Guarantee from Pallot?
This guarantee is given with the goods specified on the order, and is backed by FENSA. Guarantees take effect from the date of the final invoice.
FENSA backed guarantees ensure that your goods are still covered, should the installers cease to trade. FENSA’s policy underwriters will consider claims under the terms of the original guarantee for the remaining period.
What is covered?
- All items specified on your order – including the moving parts or fittings – are covered, on the understanding that those parts are regularly cleaned and maintained.
- The powder coated aluminium paint finish and gaskets are covered against distortion, failure or corrosion.
- PVCU frames are covered against discolouration or decay
- Double glazed sealed units are covered against breakdown of the seal
- Moving parts are guaranteed for a period of 12 months only
Any claim arising from defect in workmanship must be made in writing within 28 days of the defect becoming apparent. Where the Company is unable to provide an exact replacement, a similar product of the same quality will be provided.
What is not covered?
Any damage caused by the parts or fittings not being cleaned or maintained; or damaged caused maliciously by the warranty holder is not covered. Cleaning and maintenance of all products must be undertaken on a regular basis, as recommended by the product manufacturer. In the event of any claim against the Company, the burden of proof that adequate and regular maintenance has been undertaken rests with the customer.
How long is the guarantee?
In respect of the items mentioned in the previous section “What is covered” please find below periods of cover:
- The powder coated aluminium paint finish and gaskets are covered for a period of five years.
- PVCU frames are covered a for a period of 10 years.
- Double glazed sealed units are covered for a period of 10 years, of which the first 5 years labour for changing these is included. During the subsequent period, labour is chargeable.
- Moving parts are guaranteed for a period of 12 months only.
How do I claim?
To make a claim on your warranty, please Call Pallot Glass and Windows on 01534 760500 quoting your order number (as stated on your Guarantee paperwork, supplied with your goods).
When does the guarantee expire?
The time period is calculated from the date of the final invoice being issued. This will be classed as your guarantee start date, and the expiration will be calculated from the start date, for the period shown in this document.
Is there an excess?
No, there is no excess for claims on your warranty.
Can the guarantee be extended?
No, unfortunately the guarantee period cannot be extended.
Do you offer regular a maintenance package?
Yes, our service packages are available to purchase at £99 for 1 year or £275 for 3 years. This does not include parts, which would incur an additional charge.